CapWealth Senior Advisor Jennifer Pagliara will attend the 2017 American Bankers Association‘s Trust School in Atlanta this coming September 24-29. This intensive five-day program is designed to provide a solid grounding in the fiduciary, tax, investment, financial planning and ethical issues associated with the creation of trusts.
The ABA Foundational Trust School offers a state-of-the-art, performance-based curriculum, designed and delivered by a prestigious group of trust professionals, including prominent bankers, attorneys, and industry experts. In addition, students have the opportunity to build a nationwide network of peers and industry leaders, a vital resource for years to come.
A trust is a legal document that can be powerful estate-planning tool for managing how your wealth is passed on to your loved ones and other chosen beneficiaries. Among the advantages of a trust, it can:
- Put conditions on how and when your assets are distributed after you die
- Reduce estate and gift taxes
- Distribute assets to heirs efficiently without the cost, delay and publicity of probate court, which can cost between 5% to 7% of your estate.
- Better protect your assets from creditors and lawsuits
- Name a successor trustee, who not only manages your trust after you die, but is empowered to manage the trust assets if you become unable to do so
Over the five days of the Trust School, students will receive a solid foundation in the technical skills and knowledge required in the fiduciary and trust, investment, financial planning, tax, and ethics industries, including the latest strategies in:
- Account Administration
- Fiduciary Law
- Tax & Estate Planning
- Investment Management
Upon completion of the ABA Trust School, Jennifer will earn the ABA Certificate in Trust: Foundational. We’re excited about this continuing education opportunity for Jennifer, just another example of CapWealth’s commitment to our clients’ financial futures!